Here are some of the most interesting blogs from the past week:
- Macklemore and Internal War: Last Wednesday, my girlfriend and I saw Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the Madison Square Garden Theater. My mom bought us the tickets for my birthday, back in July. I find Macklemore to be one of today’s most inspiring artists so I had really been looking forward to the show.
- An American Dream All the Same: Here I sit, at my writing desk and amongst my books, taking tea beside the fireplace of the 1951 Levitt & Sons Ranch house I rent. This living is, alas, no elegant 18th Century drawing room or stately Victorian conservatory.
- Fifty Years - A Time to Reflect: As I sit here and dictate this I am totally incredulous at the fact that 50 years have passed since the assassination of Pres. Kennedy. For people of my age group i.e. early baby boomers, Kennedy’s murder remains the most traumatic event of our lives played out on the national stage, 9/11 notwithstanding.
- National Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month Continued: As the month of November comes to an end, so does National Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month. But it ain't over yet...and quite frankly, we should be celebrating these wonderful animals every month because any animal lover will tell you that animals are like fine wines; they only get better with age!
- Freeport-Merrick Rotary Celebrates 70 Years: Nassau County Legislator Dave Denenberg, D-Merrick, attended the 70th Anniversary Party of the Freeport-Merrick Rotary Club at E.B. Elliot’s in Freeport on Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013.
- Financial End of Year Planning: As we approach the end of November, it is not hard to see that the end of the year is right around the corner. That can also mean it’s a good time to think about potentially saving more of your money by managing your tax bill.
- Denenberg Presents MTA/LIRR Forum: Personnel from the MTA LIRR will be Legis. Denenberg’s special guest speakers to discuss the stations, service and the LIRR’s responses to past requests made by Legis. Denenberg and commuters, and to respond to questions.
- Plains and Plateaus: One of the Fabulous Four is coming for a visit. They pop in and out of my world with the regularity of falling stars, and yet each time one arrives, I feel I have reached the pinnacle of a roller coaster.
- Roberta Hoffer is in the Author Spotlight: Today in the author spotlight is Roberta Hoffer, the author of the Silent Vampire Trilogy. I begin every interview by asking the author to share an interesting writing fact with me.