Here's a look:
- Family Fun Night: Wednesday, Oct. 9, 7 p.m. at Central Avenue. This is a fun and very active class for ages 18 months through 5 years (not in Kindergarten), with an adult. There will be lots of music and a simple craft. Register online by clicking here.
- How to Beat the High Cost of College with Barry Fox: Wednesday, October 9, 7 p.m. at Bar Harbour. For parents of sophomores, juniors and seniors. Join Barry for this informative program. Included topics will be how to plan a needs analysis, filling out a financial aid form (FAF), and negotiating with financial aid officers. To register online, please click here.
- Musical Performance by the Sean Smith Trio: Sunday, October 6, 1:30 p.m. at Bar Harbour. Sean Smith on bass, Nate Radley on guitar, and Russell Meissner on drums have played together for many years sharing a similar passion and vision for music. This kinship helps to define a very distinctive group sound noted for its rare lyrical quality. With Sean's songful and melodic compositions underscoring the group, their uniquely warm acoustic sound reveals a mutual respect and love for the jazz tradition and beyond.
- Contemporary Book Discussion Group - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: Tuesday, Oct. 8, 12:30 p.m. at Bar Harbour. Discussion moderated by Gertrude Vollmer. F. Scott Fitzgerald truly lives up to his reputation as one of the greatest authors of the 20th Century in this encapsulating account of the intertwined lives that fall before Nick Carraway, newly come to 1920s New York. The 'Great' Gatsby, with his lavish parties and 'glittering' guests, allows the reader to be thrown into the whirlwind that is post-war America and a society that is centered around wealth, status and glamour.
- Free blood pressure readings with the Visiting Nurse Association of Long Island: Friday, October 11, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Central Avenue.