With the winter doldrums still clutching Massapequa firmly in their grasp, the last thing you might be thinking of is what to do with your younger children when school lets out for summer break.
But considering the fact that most Long Island homes are two-income, that's exactly what you should be thinking about, as local summer camps fill up early due to high demand.
But fear not! Patch has done some snooping around and is now set to present you with a list of five summer camp options, all within the boundries of Massapequa, or at least a convenient driving distance away.
- is a Massapequa-based pre-school located 1201 N. Broadway. They serve children ages 18 months to five years old and offer summer camp programs available in two, three, and five week installments. Activities available at their summer camp include arts and crafts, music, nature study, and weekly pizza parties.
- is located at 5770 Merrick Road, Massapequa and serves children ages six weeks to 12 years old. Miss Tara's offers a summer camp program that includes arts and crafts, computers, music, nature, and trips to a petting zoo.
- is an early childhood education center located at 100 Grand Ave. They serve infants, toddlers, and pre-kindergarden aged children. They run a summer camp program that includes art, sports, nature, technology, cooking, and animals.
- is a childhood education center located at 98 Jerusalem Avenue. They have a summer camp programs that caters to children ages three through six. The programs offers ceramics, woodworking, science, puppet making, arts and crafts, and special guest days (such as magicians or animals).
- is a summer camp whose administrative offices are located at 41 Heisser Lane in Farmingdale. They have campuses in Bellmore, Baldwin, Hicksville, Northport and Valley Stream. They serve children ages three to fifteen and offer diverse activities such swimming, bowling, day trips, arts and crafts, games, and day trips.