Here are some of the most interesting blogs from the past week:
- Massapequa Girls Varsity Volleyball Remains Undefeated: The undefeated (8-0) Massapequa Girls Varsity Volleyball team remains on top of Nassau County AA-1 Division by toppling both Hicksville and Plainview by identical scores of 3-0 this past week.
- Denenberg to Host Taxpayer Assistance Program: Nassau County Legislator Dave Denenberg, D-Merrick, is presenting a taxpayer assistance program at North Bellmore Library on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013 at 7 p.m. for interested residents to learn about tax exemptions and pick-up or drop-off applications for the STAR (School Tax Reduction), Enhanced STAR, Senior Citizens’, Veterans’, Cold War Veterans’, Limited Income and Disability, Volunteer Firefighter/EMT and Home Improvement exemptions.
- What is the Real Problem With the Yankees?: Joe Girardi just signed a 4-year contract extension worth $16 Million plus incentives, making him the second highest manager in MLB. So much for the elusive and illusionary concept of "Pay-for-Performance".
- Ebinger's Chocolate Black Out Cake: Before getting on the Church Avenue bus, at McDonald Avenue, mom would take us into Ebinger's Bakery, where she would buy a Chocolate Black Out cake. She did not want to chance, that the Bay Ridge Ebinger's might not have the cake she wanted to bring!
- October is National Put Bull Awareness Month: Not only is October a great month to adopt a pet, its also National Pit Bull-Awareness Month. Did you know that Pits are one of the most misunderstood breed of dogs?
- An Endpapers Review: Remembering Roy E. Disney: Memories and Photos of a Stories Life: I was a senior in high school when I saw Roy E. Disney in person. Our marching band was invited to perform at the first Anniversary of Disneyland Paris (then called EuroDisneyland). Those in our group who were old enough to understand, were buzzing with excitement knowing that Walt Disney's nephew was going to be there and, in turn, would see us play.
- Coming Soon: Meetings on Community Policing and Quality of Life Issues: Nassau County Legislator Dave Denenberg, D-Merrick, is hosting two meetings on community policing and quality of life issues. The first will take place at Seaford Library (2234 Jackson Avenue, Seaford) on Wednesday, Oct. 16; the second, at Bellmore Library (2288 Bedford Avenue, Bellmore) on Thursday, Oct. 24.