Here's a look back at the top businesses stories in 2013:
- It was the comeback of the year. The Nautilus Diner which shut its doors three years ago re-opened.
- The news was not so good for Manor East Caterers on Jerusalem Avenue, which suddenly closed its doors in June.
- Another huge opening was the Massapequa Dairy Queen, which made its debut in June.
- Coming soon to Massapequa may be a new Starbucks on Sunrise Highway.
- Another newcomer on the business scene is Maui Wowi owned by Massapequan Joseph Marsh.