It's Tuesday and this week of holidays is in full swing. Passover began Monday night and we're a day closer to Easter.
Much of what we have going on in Massapequa today is holiday related, and we'll tell you all about it, including where you can find the one and only Easter bunny.
Each day, we spotlight events and happenings in and around the area that we think you ought to know about. We want your help too. If there's an event or announcement you'd like us to highlight, please contact us.
Here's what you need to know today:
- Easter Bunny: He has to color zillions of eggs and find the perfect hiding spot for all of them. But the Easter Bunny is still taking time out from his busy schedule to spend time at the He will be there to take pictures with your children from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday with breaks from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Passover: We mentioned above that the holiday began Monday Night and it continues into Tuesday. There will be a morning services at at 10 a.m. and an evening service at 6:15 p.m.
- Holy Week: The holiest week of the Christian calendar also continues. There will be masses at at 6:45 a.m., 8 a.m. , 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Confessions will be heard following the 8 p.m. mass.
- Ice Skating: It may be spring but there will be extended public skating sessions at the Town of Oyster Bay skating rink in Bethpage. The sessions will continue throughout the week, but please note that the rink will be closed on Easter Sunday.
- Mah Jongg: It's a Tuesday tradition at the . You can play Tuesday from noon to 9 .m. Please bring your own cards and tiles.