There's still a lot of snow on the ground so we want you to be careful, but things are beginning to get back to normal on Tuesday. Most people had an extra day off and we hoped they stayed safe and enjoyed some hot chocolate. But Massapequa has to get back in the swing of things today and we're here to help. Each day, we spotlight events and happenings in and around the area that we think you ought to know about. You can play a part too. If there's an event or announcement you'd like us to know about, please contact us.
Here's what you need to know today:
- Sanitation Collection: The Town of Oyster Bay wants you to know that it's OK to bring your cans to the curb again. Sanitation and S.O.R.T. pickup will take place as scheduled. They will be following a normal Tuesday schedule meaning you will only have trash picked up if you are scheduled to have it picked up on Tuesdays.
- Lace the Skates: The town also announced that they're reopening the town Ice Skating rink beginning at 1 p.m. Tuesday. So go ahead and take those blades out of the closet.
- Take Photos: If you need to bone up on 21st century photography techniques, the will be hosting a course on how to take pictures with your digital camera. It gets underway at 7 p.m. Registration is required.
- Rock on: One way to shake some snow off your boots is by heading down to the Blue Parrot to check out "Members of the Press." Showtime is at 7 p.m.
- JV Wrestling: The Chiefs will be participating in the Ted Petersen Tournament beginning at 9 a.m. at