Yes! It's Friday, and I think we've all been looking forward to the weekend after a tough week of slaving away for that paycheck. But in our rush to get to the beach on Saturday, let's not forget that today is still ripe with possibilities. It's all part of "Five Things You Need to Know Today."
Each day, we spotlight events and happenings in and around the area that we think you ought to know about. We want your help too. If there's an event announcement you'd like us to know about, please contact us.
Here's what you need to know today:
- : Social dancing, full-course hot buffet and DJ, dance workshop in ballroom and Latin dances for beginners and advanced 11:15am, Luncheon 12-3pm. $15 donatoin, $10 donation for workshop.
- : Looking to limber up but don't know even know what a Downward Dog is? Then this is the class for you. With Debbie Monaco. Registration required. In the Auditorium.
- : Are you a senior member of the community looking to get in on some hot-topic discussions? Join others who share the same desire to sound off on current events in a public forum.
- : The annual Strawberry Festival sponsored by the Bellmore Kiwanis and Bellmore Lions returns to North Bellmore. Food, rides, and - of course - strawberries await you. Come one, come all!
- : Join Sherry Palencia in the parking lot of the Bar Harbor library...and be ready to shake it like you've never shook it before! Nominal fee due at registration.