TGIF Massapequa! We're through another week and only ten days through spring. So things are looking up.
Now that you have a warm and fuzzy feeling, we suppose that it is a bad time to bring up the looming income tax deadline but that's just around the corner too.
Fortunately, we've discovered a way to monitor your health on the same day you get tax advice. It's all part of the Five Things You Need to Know Today.
Each day, we spotlight events and happenings in and around the area that we think you ought to know about. We want your help too. If there's an event announcement you'd like us to highlight, please contact us.
Here's what you need to know today:
- Tax Advice: The is continuing to have a help desk provide answers to tax questions. The program is sponsored by the AARP and it takes place in the meeting room from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Blood Pressure Tests: If your blood is boiling because of taxes or anything else, or if you simply want to take care of yourself, Bar Harbour is also the place to go to get free blood pressure readings. It begins at 10 a.m. and is sponsored by the Visiting Nurse Association of Long Island.
- Singles Lunch: is once again holding its Friday Singles Lunch and dance. You get a buffet and a dance lesson for $15. It runs from noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Berner Musical: Connect with your inner Oompa Loompa! The Bis putting on a production of "Willie Wonka," based on Ronald Dahl's novel, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." There will be performances on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Randy Jackson: The former Zebra singer will once again be brining his acoustic sound to the rock club on Merrick Road. Show time is 9 p.m.