We've reached the end of a busy week and we hope you're looking forward to a great weekend.
After a week of heavy stuff on the agenda and an important vote, we're happy to say things will be lighter on Friday with some arts, some exercise and maybe a little soul.
And we're here to tell you all about it.
Each day, we spotlight events and happenings in and around the area that we think you ought to know about. We want your help too. If there's an event or announcement you'd like us to highlight, please contact us.
Here's what you need to know today:
- Soul Explosion: Everyone needs to get funky now and then, and you can do it at on Friday night as you can have some great food and take in the sounds of Pep & The Soul Explosion Band. They'll play some Soul, R&B and some funk from the '70s and 80s from 9 p.m. to midnight.
- Yoga: If you're going to get ready for that soul music, it might not be a bad idea to get in shape first. The weekly yoga program at the can help. It starts at 9 a.m. in the library auditorium.
- Line Dancing: For a different way to get in shape and a different kind of music, Bar Harbour also offers the weekly Friday morning line dancing class. It meets at 10:30 a.m. Pre registration is required.
- Singles Lunch: If line dancing's not your thing. Maybe Ballroom dancing is. You can get a lesson, a lunch and maybe meet that special somebody at the Catering Hall, for $15 beginning at 11:15 a.m.
- Bloggers: With so much going on this week, why not write about it? Massapequa Patch is till looking for bloggers. You can sign up using our blogging application, or you can contact us by email at email@example.com.