The Eggstravaganza & Spring Festival will take place at two Town of Oyster Bay parks again this year on Saturday, April 13, according to Councilman Chris Coscignano.
“This is our third annual spring festival and eggstravaganza here in the Town, and each year this Town-hosted, free event becomes more and more beloved by our residents and their children,” Coschignano said. “This year’s event features fun activities for kids of all ages, including bouncies, spring crafts, a petting zoo, an assortment of spring games and activities, as well as light refreshments and a butterfly exhibit."
The event will be held at Syosset-Woodbury Community Park, 7800 Jericho Tpke., Woodbury, and on Saturday, April 20, at Marjorie R. Post Community Park, Unqua and Merrick Roads, Massapequa, from 1 - 4 p.m. Both events are rain or shine.
The festivities are being sponsored by the Town's Department of Community & Youth Services, Cultural and Performing Arts Division (CAPA). For more information, call CAPA at 516-797-7925 or visit the Town’s website.
Reminders for the week:
- Incorporated village permits expire Sunday.
- The second half of the 2012-13 school tax collection period begins Monday.
- Winter storage ends at North Shore Marinas Monday.
- The sweeping program begins Monday; call 516-677-5754.
- Senior softball begins Tuesday; call 516-797-7940.