Every day we use this space to tell you about the many things going on in theMassapequa area. While there are certainly things you need to know about today,we also hope you take it easy and spend some time with family and friends. For those of you who celebrate today, we hope your holiday is a joyous and peaceful one. Once again we're going to we spotlight events and happenings in and around the area that we think you ought to know about. You can play a part too. If there's an event or announcement you'd like us to know about, please contact us.
Here's what you need to know today:
- Holiday information: All of the schools in the Massapequa School District are closed. The Massapequa Public Library will be closed Friday and Saturday. and Oyster Bay will be closed, but Town skating rinks will be open and there will be normal sanitation and S.O.R.T. collections Friday. The LIRR will be adding more trains again on Friday.
- Last Minute shopping: For those of you who like adding stress to your life, you can still get those presents at the
- Skating Party: What better way to spend Christmas Eve than to skate the afternoon away. You can do just that at from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Religious Services: The of Massapequa is holding a Christmas Eve Family workshop at 7 p.m. The church is also holding a candlelight worship at 11 p.m. will also hold a candlelight service at 11 p.m. preceded by Christmas music at 10 :30 p.m. will hold a family service at 7 p.m. and a candlelight service at 10:30 p.m. will celebrate mass at 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 9 p.m. and midnight. will celebrate mass at 5 p.m. and midnight.
- A Personal Note: Whether you celebrated Hanukkah earlier this month, celebrate Christmas or Kwanzaa this week or celebrate any other holiday this season, we hope it has been a special year for you. Our first year atMassapequa Patch has certainly special to us and we'd like to thank the entire Massapequa community for all the gifts you've given us in 2010.