An upstate home repair crew parked at the Sunrise Mall had to be hospitalized early Saturday after the RV they were sleeping in filled with carbon monoxide, Nassau County Police said.
Nassau County Police Ambulance along with Massapequa Fire Department crews responded at 2:55 a.m. after three men, aged 20, 21, and 22, began to feel ill. Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
Police said the generator aboard their RV was apparently not ventilated properly, causing dangerous fumes to enter the sleeping area.
According to police, the victims are employees of CNY Restoration and Development, a Syracuse-based disaster recovery services business.
A Patch call to the business went unanswered.
Follow Massapequa Patch on Facebook