A string of Massapequa car break-ins over the last week has been tied to a Massapequa teenager.
Keith Barkan, 18, was arrested Saturday for using a stolen credit card at the and later charged with several thefts from area vehicles, Nassau County Police said.
Barkan will be arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead Sunday after being linked to five car break-ins between Sept. 2 and Saturday. He is charged with three counts of fourth degree grand larceny, two counts of petit larceny and third degree identity theft, police said.
Police allege Barkan broke into vehicles at five locations and took the following items:
- Wallet from a 2011 Honda at a Lucille Court residence Sept. 2.
- Wallet from a 2008 Honda / 2009 Jeep at a Berkeley Place residence between Thursday-Friday.
- Purse from a 2011 Toyota / 2000 Nissan at a Lucille Court residence between Thursday-Friday.
- GPS unit from a 2008 Mazda at a Massapequa Avenue residence Friday.
- GPS unit from a 2004 Chevrolet at a Massapequa Avenue residence Saturday.
Follow Massapequa Patch on Facebook