The Town of Oyster Bay has distributed applications for the 2011 Holiday Concerts.
The Concerts, which are free will be held on the evenings of Dec. 12 and Dec. 13 with afternoon and evening performances on Dec. 14 at the Tilles center at the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University.
The number of performances has expanded over the years, but the event has still remained popular.
"Because the demand is so great, we instituted a lottery, a fair and impartial system that has worked extremely well," Supervisor John Venditto said.
You can get applications for the concerts at the following locations:
- Oyster Bay Town Hall North, Town Clerk’s Office, 54 Audrey Avenue, Oyster Bay.
- , Department of Community and Youth Services, 977 Hicksville Road, Massapequa on the 2nd floor. An additional drop-off box has been added at the main entrance to the Parks Department on the ground floor.
- Glen Head Community Center, 200 Glen Head Road, Glen Head
- William P. Bennett Hicksville Community Center, 28 West Carl Street, Hicksville.
- , 214 North Albany Avenue, Massapequa.
- Syosset-Woodbury Community Center, 7800 Jericho Tpke., Woodbury
- All libraries in the community.
Those who are already on the town's mailing list should have already received applications in the form of a postcard and you can also download them at the town's website.
Postcards must be received on Oct. 30 at 4:45 p.m., while application forms must be received on Oct. 28.
Winners will be notified by Nov. 29.