The additions come after the district had to cut staff, but Superintendent Lucille Iconis said the hires were made to fill needs.
“While the difficult decision was made to reduce staff based on declining enrollment at the end of the 2012-13 school year, we are delighted to fill specific positions to meet the needs of our incoming students,” she said.
Six of the hires are part time instructors and three are replacements for teachers on leave.
The new faculty members are:
- Brian Rossi, Berner Middle School technology teacher.
- Laura Hutt, Berner Middle School guidance counselor.
- Kate Rosenzweig, Fairfield Elementary School special education teacher.
- Maria Papoulis, Fairfield and Lockhart Elementary School speech teacher.
- Jaclyn Quercia, Unqua and Fairfield elementary school replacement psychologist.
- Vanessa Groff, East Lake Elementary School speech teacher.
- Robert Lombardo, McKenna Elementary School, leave replacement music teacher.
- Kurt Stoeber, Massapequa High School-Ames Campus part time special education teacher.
- Anna Iadevaia, Massapequa High School leave replacement speech teacher.
- Angela Gallucci, Massapequa High School special education teacher.
- Robert Tobia, Massapequa High School part-time physics teacher.
- Patricia Skjoldahl, Massapequa High School part-time family and consumer sciences teacher.
- Samantha Montemurro, Massapequa High School and Ames Campus special education teacher.
- Michael Severson, Massapequa High School and Ames Campus part-time technology teacher.
- Angela Camera, Massapequa High School and Berner Middle School Part time English teacher.
- Kimberly Dempsey, Massapequa High School and Berner Middle School psychologist..