From Michael Phelps winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics to Nadia Comăneci receiving the first perfect 10 in 1976, there have been several unforgettable moments in Olympic history.
As hundreds of world-class athletes prepare to compete in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games beginning July 27, Patch is celebrating the start of the games by posting Olympic trivia questions all this week.
Select your answers in the comments below. We'll post the correct answers Wednesday. Answers to last week's quiz are below this one.
1. "Which of these cities has never hosted the Games?"
2. True or false. The United States has never won a gold medal in any fencing event that is currently still part of the Olympics
3. When were women first allowed to compete in the modern Olympics?
4. One of the events in which men compete directly with women is Sailing. Which is the other?
Answers to Thursday's quiz:
1) Dr. Benjamin Spock. He won the gold for rowing in 1924.
2) 26.3 miles.
3) Muhammad Ali.
Check out our Directory and Events Calendar for listings of places where you can learn and participate in Olympic sports ranging from basketball to karate, gymnastics, swimming and more.