Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Church was founded in the fall of 1955, and it has enjoyed support and attendance from the community ever since. In the early 1960s, an auditorium, convent and chapel were added, and the 24-classroom Our Lady of Lourdes School opened in September of 1962. The church still maintains a preschool and school, as well as an active convent. The church is currently under the leadership of Monsignor James P. Lisante, and is part of the Diocese of Rockville Centre. For more information, visit the church's Web site.